The Institute of Leadership & Management is the UK’s largest management body, combining industry-leading qualifications and specialist member services.
ILM is founded on the principle that skilled managers and leaders hold the key to creating productive workforces that deliver organisational and economic success. ILM qualifications and membership services combine to drive up the standards of leadership and management and improve individual and team performance.
Last year 90,000 people enhanced their leadership and management skills with an ILM qualification, while over 30,000 ambitious management professionals secured increased professional recognition and support through ILM membership.
ILM formed in November 2001 through the merger of the Institute of Supervision and Management (ISM) and NEBS Management (National Examining Board for Supervision & Management).
ILM aspires to be a global authority on Leadership & Management, creating and supporting the largest management community world-wide.
ILM believe that good leadership and management holds the key to organisational effectiveness and social and economic prosperity. ILM partner globally with individuals and organisations to enable them to reach their full potential and achieve success by:
* Providing recognised qualifications and endorsing bespoke programmes
* Developing innovative learning services and products
* Designing tailored management development solutions
* Supporting a leadership and management community
* Facilitating knowledge and debate on leadership & management
* Influencing employers, policy makers and opinion formers
The value of ILM to employers
Independent ROI research with 150 employers, 2010.
The percentage of employer that see a tangible improvement in their managers’ performance after an ILM qualification:
93% overall performance
90% ability to give feedback
90% communications skills
90% motivation of their teams
88% delegation skills
86% ability to manage performance
85% ability to manage processes
84% ability to manage conflict
The value of ILM qualifications
The unexpected benefits of ILM programmes by employers
Benefits for employee
- Career and personal development
- Incentive to complete programme
- Empowers learners to strive for a leadership position
- Adds value to employee by having a national standard qualification
- Increased motivation of managers
- Portable qualification and tangible certificate
- Enjoyable training
- Transfer of learning to the workplace
Benefits for employer
- Adds credibility to our ogranisation
- Relevant, appropriate and flexible
- Demonstrate commitment to employees to our clients
- Better performance and productivity from our managers
- Upskill out workforce and increase key management skills
- Accreditation helps secure funding for training
- Better value for money
- Great starting point for managers
British School of Coaching. 01744 605046. St Helens WA10 6UU