This programme is run mainly as an in-house course for staff wishing to develop coaching skills and confidence to use coaching. The training is bespoke to suit the organisational needs and can be flexed to accommodate any priorities or preferences.
This course normally consists of 2 to 4 days of workshops, each separated by a week to allow for individual reflection and application in their own environments.
The workshops will develop learner’s understanding of coaching and skills to use in their roles, the time between workshops will allow for practical application and reflection. These workshops are highly interactive with practice sessions to develop and embed skills and build
confidence, the topics covered vary and usually cover the following depending on the organisational objectives:
– Understand the principles and best practice in coaching
– Develop key coaching skills – listening, questioning, silence and building rapport to engage colleagues
– Develop more advanced skills
– Use coaching language to enhance communication and develop productive relationships with colleagues as part of their work role
– Set compelling outcomes for yourself and others to maximise personal and professional development
– Work within the coaching contract and ethical boundaries
If you wish to have further information and understand how coaching would benefit your organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also check out our Coaching Skills Training open courses for HR and for Managers, links have been added below