A practical programme for Managers and Team Leaders who are keen to develop coaching skills and a coaching style of interaction.
This 2 day programme is ILM Recognised. Following the workshops, you are invited to complete a short written assignment and on successful achievement, you receive a Certificate from ILM (ILM Recognised Coaching Skills for Managers) to recognise the work that you have done.
The workshops will develop your understanding of coaching and the skills of a coach to enable you to adopt a coaching style of leadership. These workshops are highly interactive with practise sessions to develop and embed skills and build confidence, breakout rooms will be used online so that you can put the tools and techniques into practice with others on the programme.
The topics covered include:
- The role of a manager as a coach
- Develop key coaching skills – listening, questioning, silence and building rapport to engage colleagues
- Coaching as a manager
- Use coaching language to enhance communication and develop productive relationships with colleagues
- Set compelling outcomes for yourself and others to maximise personal and professional development
- Work within the coaching contract and ethical boundaries
If you wish to have further information and understand how coaching would benefit your organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also check out our Coaching Skills Training open courses for HR and for Managers, links have been added below
Our faculty member John Macdonald is a Fellow Member of the CIPD and has had a 30-year career in human resource management, most recently as Vice-President (HR) in the global oilfield services sector. He is a qualified executive coach and mentor and regularly delivers coaching and mentoring programmes from the BSC portfolio of courses.