This is an ILM Recognised programme is for educators, facilitators, L&D, HR and others who wish to develop their engagement and delivery skills online. The programme will focus on building the relationship, appreciating the challenges and benefits of this medium, using a coaching methodology. The course has 3 taught days followed by an assignment that has to be completed.
- Understand how to structure an online coaching session from initiating to a plan of action.
- Be able to demonstrate how a coaching approach can be used by online facilitators
- Be able to explain the difference between coaching and mentoring
- Be able to explain a range of appropriate models and techniques and how to use them for online coaching and facilitation
- Be able to explain the knowledge, skills and behaviours required for effective online coaching and facilitation
- Reflective learning, profile and practice
- Coaching, mentoring, counselling, therapy, facilitation and their boundaries
- Skills, knowledge, behaviours self assessment
- Planning and contracting
- Relationship building
- Coaching tools & techniques – GROW
- Coaching Skills & Behaviours – Listening & Questioning
- Barriers & peer coaching
- Preparing for effective coaching
- Facilitating scaling discussion
- Barriers & challenges of online coaching & facilitation
- Ejection seat strategy
- Assessment, what is key?
- Ethical issues
- Introduce the Experience Cube
- Peer coaching working with the experience cube
- Facilitating online, Johari window, change models
- Creativity in your sessions, wheels of life, STAR
- Practising coaching and facilitation
Following the 3 training days, you are invited to complete a written assignment. You would agree to a deadline with the Tutor and on successful completion of the assignment receive the ILM Recognised Coaching Skills for Facilitation. This is a recognition/Certification and not a qualification.
If you would like to discuss these options please email email@example.com to arrange a call.