Those wishing to lead coaching in an organisation or work freelance
Approximately 12 months, depending on work commitments
ILM, City & Guilds
This is a post-graduate level qualification, designed for senior managers and HR/OD professionals. It is the most sought-after programme for those who are aiming to lead a coaching practice or become a professional executive coach.
This year-long programme will develop your capability to act as a coach and mentor at the highest level. The extensive practical and theory-based work will enable you to work with any client to develop their leadership skills and support their career development.
The programme is delivered multiple times per year in various locations, please get in touch for specific details.
Course features (Certificate)
- A highly interactive course with 6 face to face days of in-depth and highly practical workshops and peer support.
- 20 hours of Coaching practice for the Certificate and 60 hours of coaching practice for the Diploma + 3 assignments.
- Personal tutor/mentor coach support: advice and guidance, feedback on draft assignments and supervision of 4 of your coaching sessions.
- 1-to-1 advice and practical help from our expert tutors who have trained people from some of the world’s largest organisations.
- All materials; programme folder, handbooks, workbooks and access to a huge range of coaching resources.
- On successful achievement, an internationally recognised and respected ILM Level 7 Certificate as well as 14 credits on the international qualifications framework.
- BSC have earned Direct Claim Status from ILM for this qualification.
We deliver our courses in a unique way, reflecting our core beliefs of respect, rigour, integrity, professionalism and success. Our team of professional tutors are all practicing coaches. Tutors bring a mix of their dynamic coaching practice underpinned by the experience and rigour of programme delivery to achieve the results BSC are so proud of.
What you will need
- A high level of Coaching experience at an organisational level
- Microsoft Word software, or equivalent
- An email account
How the course works (Certificate)
The course begins with 5 ‘taught’ days in a seminar environment – split 3 days followed by 2 days a month later. These days will be both theory and practise based and are aimed at giving you a strong body of knowledge whilst preparing you for your assessed work and 20 hours of coaching or mentoring activity.
Once your coaching is underway, a 6th ‘tutorial’ day is scheduled online to support this work and the upcoming assignments. There are three assessed pieces of work: a theoretical assignment, a portfolio and finally a ‘reflective journal’ of your coaching practice.
When you have finished
You will receive an internationally recognised ILM, QCF credited Certificate. As a member of the prestigious British School of Coaching Alumni you will join a network of professional coaches with access to a wide range of coaching resources and information.
ILM Level 7 Diploma in Executive and Senior Level Coaches and Mentors. This qualification is the highest level coaching qualification available. The Diploma content follows on naturally from the Certificate qualification, adding a further 2 ‘taught’ days and an extra 40 hours of coaching activity. Certificate candidates can decide mid course to progress with the Diploma, or can gain the Certificate and top up the credits with the Diploma work and achieve that qualification.
Participants complete the same three mandatory units as in the Certificate but also complete an extended period of mentoring or executive coaching – a total of 60 hours practice is required for the Diploma.
In this practical unit you will develop and improve your performance as a management coach/leadership mentor; and as a reflective practitioner.
(Please note learners are not required to undertake the Certificate in Executive Coaching and Mentoring as a prerequisite and may join the Diploma in Executive Coaching and Mentoring directly.)
How to apply
Please complete and return the Application Form (above right) to email@example.com